PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise: Pet Community for All Pets

Pet Community: Dog Community - Cat Community - All Pets - MySpace for Pets

Connor my seven year old greyhound rescued from Spain has died today. He fell ill on Wedensday night throwing up and haveing the squids. Thursday he seemed to have recovered from that. He was rather larthargic and slept a lot. He was slower than usual when we were out for our walk and morning run. However I diden´t see anything alarming. I did call my vet for advice on Saturday morning.I decided to take Connor to the vet Monday as it has been hollidays this weekend.Around five oclock I was at the computer when Connor who was sleeping omitted a sigh. I called him but he had  died what I heard was his last breath. I am shattered it was so unexpected . I just wanted you to know. I loved Connor with my soul he was such a lovely lad and he is so missed. However there are always greyhounds waiting in the wings so one soon a new needy greyhound will join my pack or rather my family.Connor died where he felt best among us who knew and loved him. Rip my lad my Connor we all love you Lisbeth and the lads. 

Views: 1096

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Duckie, you always no how to say the right thing.  Patience is a virtue, unfortunately I am not a patient person, thank goodness Lisbeth is.
Thanks Don.
Thanks Kathi you are both patient maybe just a diffrent way. For the sake of my lads i have to be patient besides when it comes to getting a new family member. I have always felt that the right greyhound will come at the right time.Love you both as you are close to my heart. With all my warmth and love. Lisbeth and the lads.  
hello  Lisbeth  just pooping by to see how you are doing, i hope you are ok  i know you are so very sad right now  just wanted to let you know you have friens thinking of you   love n hugs  sharon & kanga xxxx

Lisbeth, have you decided on another Greyhound?

Bill

Bill Fronek said:

Dear Lisbeth. I'm very sorry to hear that Connor died. We probably all feel pretty much the same when a treasured pet passes away. What helps me is the knowledge that I helped him/her live a comfortable and happy life. All they want is to please us. I've never owned a Greyhound, but I understand that they're wonderful companions. I'm very sorry that you lost Connor. Bill Fronek, Houston, TX 6/7/11
Thanks Bill it is now three weeks since Connor died in his sleep. I am currently looking for a young greyhound or maybe a galgo that needs a home. I can provide a home for my new hound and endless amounts of love and care. I have been offered three greyhounds up untill now. I have declined two of them as they would not go well with my lads but the third I have said yes to if the current owner is going to part with him. I hope she does. He is two years old and traumatised he has been beaten and is thus scared of men. He has never known a real home or indeed what part of being a family member entails. I will let you know if he is the right one. Lisbeth and the lads. 
Dear All a bit of news. I am picking my new greyhound up on Monday. He is a two and a half year old. He is not suited for racing and the current owner has no use for him. His racing name is Geneva Noisy. he can be seen on the greyhound database. From this moment on he will be named Collin it is old Gaelic and means little boy a name that suits him. I still miss Connor an awful lot but by helping a young greyhound who has never known love or what having a real home is like I think it would make Connor happy and it is a way to honour the uniqe love we shared something that can only grow through time and apriciation. Love you all just wanted to let you know that another greyhound will be safe and happy from here on in. Lisbeth and the lads.
That's terrific news, Lisbeth. I looked him up in the database. A beautiful Brindle and White boy with such a friendly face. How do you go about picking a greyhound to adopt? Do you visit a racetrack?  Is there a greyhound rescue organization in Denmark? Bill Fronek

Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen said:
Dear All a bit of news. I am picking my new greyhound up on Monday. He is a two and a half year old. He is not suited for racing and the current owner has no use for him. His racing name is Geneva Noisy. he can be seen on the greyhound database. From this moment on he will be named Collin it is old Gaelic and means little boy a name that suits him. I still miss Connor an awful lot but by helping a young greyhound who has never known love or what having a real home is like I think it would make Connor happy and it is a way to honour the uniqe love we shared something that can only grow through time and apriciation. Love you all just wanted to let you know that another greyhound will be safe and happy from here on in. Lisbeth and the lads.
I have got connections within the racing industry.I hear about greyhounds needing homes almost daily.When Co0nnor died I was offered two greyhounds two days later I asked someone else about their caracter and decided against the both of them because they were the dominant types and that is something I already have within my pack. I was then approached about Geneva Noisy ten days ago and I said yes as he sounded just right. However since he is extremely fast it took a while for his current owner to give up on him having a racing career. Two days ago I got mail late at night to say he was now avaliabel. Hence me picking him up on Monday. I have had my own small organisation since 2006 and I am offered greyhounds in this capacity. I also get to know how and where and in what conditions they are kept.I do my own rescues I don´t adopt them. A few others have adopted greyhounds through my organisation.
A minor point, Lisbeth. You say you don't adopt. Perhaps the terminology confuses me. I thought that when you took ownership of a dog that needs "rescued"or needs a new home, the word "adopt" can be used. How do you use that word?

i beleive adopt, rescued ,saved all mean the same in the context that is written. i know what lisbeth means , i have used that term myself. we had a couple of forums that touch on the speech,words etc that people use in their country it was quite enlightning. btw some people take issue with the term ownership to mean you own these animals . don

Bill it is a matter of context.When purchasing a dog you have sevral choices you can adopt one through rescue organisations or shelters. There is another option you can buy one for sale or if you have an organisation you are asked to place dogs in good homes sometimes you buy the dog for a small fee. The point is there is no adoptionpapers to sign or any approval needed. I was asked if I wanted the greyhound with pedigree certificate and all for free. Since I have an organisation I said yes this time it is not to place him anywhere or adopt him out but to bring him home and make him a part of my own family therefore it is not an adoption. Hope this clears it up for you. I did adopt Connor through an organisation back in 2005 this is diffrent and it has been since I got Tristan my hands on rescue. Darcy was given to me for free. Mike I found for sale in the classifieds Collin is free of charge too.Just to confuse matters there is a change of ownership form to sign and he will be registred as mine.I like to use the tem guardianship rather than that of owner however that is semantics.I still look forward to getting him home and making him part of my family.I will be his registred owner on the database too. As all formalities must be in order.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Please visit our
Memorial Page

Top Members 

Events

Hamsterific!

Hamsterific for Hamster Lovers!

Forum

Home grooming tips for dogs

Started by Mandy S PBP Admin in Pet Related. Last reply by Vsjforyou Jun 9, 2016. 22 Replies

From unwanted nervous ex-racing greyhound to confident winning showdog!

Started by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen in General. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Feb 6, 2016. 9 Replies

Keep the Ban on Fox Hunting

Started by Jason W in General. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Feb 6, 2016. 1 Reply

How much money would you spend to save your pet from cancer?

Started by Pet Friend in General. Last reply by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise May 25, 2015. 38 Replies

© 2024   Created by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics