PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise: Pet Community for All Pets

Pet Community: Dog Community - Cat Community - All Pets - MySpace for Pets

Its literly just popped in my head, how many pets do you have? A statistic fom the people that love animals! This is very random but I want to know!

Example: I have 1 dog named "steel", 3 cats; "shakespear", "blossom", "tiger".

or he short example: Dog: 1

Cat(s): 3

Rabbts: 2

Fish: a lot!!

Views: 200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i do really wish i had the extra time and money i would so have my own rescue group and my own rescue clan at home too! my rescues have all been so much hard work retraining and some sound sensitive, my dane is mortified of the sound of a pop pf any kind...especially gun shot... we live in the county so you hear it all the time and july4th is a nightmare so last year i got him something from the vet to sedate him just a little, but it made him sooooo drunk i had to keep an even closer eye on him so he would hurt him self. so now he just gets third of that dose the dr reccomended. All 110pds of my big teady bear shivers so hard and its kinda funny he lets us kno in a way about what the person was like that abused him. He is very lerry of dark short hair, male, flicking a lighter, short and if anyone hispanic comes around i just put him up because he get skidish and stays up against me... breaks my heart to think of what someone has done to this wonderful sweet creature! but he is kind of a head case we can not have any other dogs unless they are brought home as a puppy, then its his and hes very loving and protective ...if not he will kill it quickly!... When we got fred or beagle(6wks old) he ignored thepuppy for at least two months and would growl if fred touched him but slowly and very carefully he has accepted him and they are bff now!! Fred is now 1yr! i guess my point is i couldnt imagine having my children, husband and working, housework and 16rescue pups with sad stories of their own or 47 rescue housecats!!!! and my dane gets his feelings hurt easily and for a little bit i really thought he was depressed! Kudos to you brave men!! and to all the others who so bravely do the same! but like i said ... i love animals sooo much i would have so much more if i had the time and money to give to them. please feel free to come take a look at my boys onmy page, my fur babies.. i love them so much!! and yes they are pretty spoiled! if i could do any profession i would want to start my own training service that would go to the shelter to train the new atoptees so to better ensure a forever home! i hate that term now forever home bc people have so miss used it! but u kno what i mean.   :)

my dane Clay only had three days to live, the lady told me after i signed the papers to take him home, they just gave him to me just asking me to love him... he been the best dog weve ever had the joy of having! broughthim home potty traind, doesnt chew, just lays around and sleeps all the time, he will steal food if its left unattended but i think that may just be the stray coming out in him, has been a great 3 years with him! now his eyebrows are turning gray and it makes me sad to even think of a day when clay is no more.

Growing up i had nine different cats, they were strays and i would keep them one at a time and love them and then they would dissappear and another stray would come along and the same would happen all over again. now grown i realized they prob had become a meal to some hungry wild or stray dogs, if only my mom had brought them in... iv since tryed to get a cat and couldnt bond with it at all so now im more of a doggie person but i do remember the days when cats were my only friend! and they were awesome to me! being that we live in the county there is no leash law and no animal control i see it from time to time a bunch of dogs chasin after a cat and i cringe bc there not much i can really do. all my animals stay in our yard... another reason why i couldnt have a cat. my bestfreind has a wonderful cat and my grandma has two sweetie pies too i just love on theirs.
Jeffrey L. New said:
My cats are many things to me, I have the ones that will jump in my chair so that no one will steel it while I get a cup of coffee and then there are the bed warmers that keep my bed warm in the winter just to name a few. Pet Shoppers Palace
awww... they are lucky to have you! thats the only way id have it knoing what i kno now! ill prob try again after my boys are older with much searching and reasearch on which on what kind male or female... etc... or i might just go get a rescue like i usually do. Fred is the only one ive ever bought but i really feel like he was rescued from where i got him... Traiter Village!! they are so horriable to those babies! he picked us and his belly was FULL of worms so bad we couldnt worm him all at once wout killing him and he had horriable kennel cough all at 6wks 2.5pds. brought him home and shared the kennel cough with all the neighbors including our dane! oh the mess! but after much antibiotics he is good as gold and all the neighbors dogs went through 2 rounds of antibiotics, all 15. but everybody wsa pretty nice about it, i didnt know he was sick when we brought him home he didnt act sick one bit! thus hes been the very most expensive RESCUE i ever had! lol i wouldnt trade that crazy lit guy for anything!

im sorry, we got fred on a sunday and i ttok him to the vet on monday thinking for sure it would be ok, oh boy took us and all the neighbors a month to get over all of it!  You would think buying a "papered" dog from some where known as that place it would at least be well. i was so wrong. a bunch of the other sad little babies up there had sergical areas about an inch long by their belly buttons and those people actually told me they had already neutered and fixed them at what was supposed to b 8 wks! but mine was actuall 6 wks he had no surgery done on him and was very feisty!! so i thought man he must feel good... hes still justas feisty only worse! hes a  mess got lots of his own personality!! was a buger to house train but i think weve finally done it!! yeah i knew better than to let the others around him before he was checked out and really it was just that my dane was around him and then he went outside and shared it!! bc fred was in the house for themost part till he was about 3 mos. not he gets about equal amounts of in and outside time!

I have had my own organisation since 2006 and we do rescue but not without having a home for the ones we find homes for. It is not great amounts of greyhounds lurchers or galgoes but one soul at a time. We have no foster facilities or kennels in which to put the rescues so it is no a very small level but it works lives have been saved. I can´tname them all but it has never been a question of how many we can save but rather that one is saved at a time and finds a rescue or best of all a forever home. It can be heartbreaking at times when the numbers of greyhounds keep comming in and no rescues can be found and no one will take as much as one greyhound in. We have the knowledge that if we can´t help to place them they will be pts this is hard to live with at times. However when in rescue this is the reality we have to live with there are soo many lost souls out there and only a fraction of them are lucky enough to find homes.What I do when the days are hard and no greyhounds are placed and reports of atrocities from Spain keep pouring into my inbox is remember the ones that have good forever homes. Give my own greyhounds and whippet big hugs light a candel for the lost souls and pray for them to be safe for one more day and pray for the ones that I know hasen´t been so lucky. It keeps me grounded and abel to fight for the lost and voiceless ones for yet another day. I take my hat of to those who constantly rescue because I know how hard it is. However I can´t help being a tad concerned about the huge numbers as I know what is required looking after my own four glorious lads. Still I think you lot are doing a marvelous job of rescuing some of those many out there. Sincerly Lisbeth and the lads Greyhound Action Denmark.

4 cats, a rabbit, a chinchilla and a rat.

BRODY

THE CATS AT THE VETS

CHLOE

SALLY

2 dogs, (LP, Eva) 3 cats, (Willow, Deana, Cleo) 1 gecko (Gico)
You have a houseful Anya!

Anya Val said:
2 dogs, (LP, Eva) 3 cats, (Willow, Deana, Cleo) 1 gecko (Gico)
sorry to hear it Jeffrey

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Please visit our
Memorial Page

Top Members 

Events

Hamsterific!

Hamsterific for Hamster Lovers!

Forum

Home grooming tips for dogs

Started by Mandy S PBP Admin in Pet Related. Last reply by Vsjforyou Jun 9, 2016. 22 Replies

From unwanted nervous ex-racing greyhound to confident winning showdog!

Started by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen in General. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Feb 6, 2016. 9 Replies

Keep the Ban on Fox Hunting

Started by Jason W in General. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Feb 6, 2016. 1 Reply

How much money would you spend to save your pet from cancer?

Started by Pet Friend in General. Last reply by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise May 25, 2015. 38 Replies

© 2024   Created by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics