PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise: Pet Community for All Pets

Pet Community: Dog Community - Cat Community - All Pets - MySpace for Pets

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These beautiful dogs have received such a bad rep and it is such a shame. I have raised and rescued these dogs for aproximately 10 years and i have never owned a more loyal and gentle pet. I have brought rescues home in the trunk of my car because they were so mean and within 3 months time had them sleeping with my cats and pug. I have had policemen stop by my home to visit my dogs and ask how I got them to be so gentle. My answer, "I loved them." These are not mean dogs. It's the owners who think it's a fun sport to fight them and make them mean. I love Pit Bulls and no one will ever convince me they are a "mean" breed.

Views: 166

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AMEN! I agree 100%. All the larger breeds like rotts, etc. get the bad rep, but I definately think pits get the worst of it. God Bless you for rescuing these fine pups!
pit bulls are wonderful! I work for a petstore, and one of my favorite customers is a pit bull who loves nothing more then attention from all the associates! Also, one of the groomers at my store owns 3 pit bulls and she brings them in for the Halloween contest and fashion show contest and they are just the best dogs ever. Its sad to see such a negative attachment placed one them. :(
Photobucket
it is sad indeed that they have got this reputation. I met such a gorgeous little pitbull in the park with my greyhound the other day and the owners are obviously training her well. I think because they do have this reputation, the owners are brutes and that is what they want their dogs to be, so that is how they make them, dont they.

I have a rescue greyhound - rescue dogs are so rewarding.....brilliant of you to do this...*big smile*...take care...Cathrynn X
I TOTALLY AGREE 100 PERCENT.
I also totally agree the pitts, Rotts etc all get the heavy treatment.

It's because those that make the law fears them. For your information the beautiful dog you see here is Blue, a golden retriever. We just had a court case from a rhodesian ridgebacks owners. I have two goldens. One is a year old and the one you see is five. Blue is the most wonderful dog a human could meet, however, he takes little messing from other dogs. When this ridgeback started growling at Blues brother. Blue let off a very low bark and snarled at the ridgeback from about 3 metres away. The ridgeback turned and just went straight for Blue. Personally I feared for Blues life. Then just as he got to Blue, Blue through himself at the ridgeback, bowled him over, bit him several times then sat astride him growling. The ridgeback would'nt look at him. It was total submission.

Neither me or the ridgebacks owners could believe what we'd seen. Nevertheless they didn't take it well and have tried to press charges but to no avail. If you saw the 2 dogs next to each other the odds would be a million to one on Blue winning.

Point is this. Golden retrievers look real nice but some are pretty smart. If the same had happened the other way round, i.e the ridgeback beats up Blue, I bet the ridgeback owners would have been sued. Goes to prove a point the meaner your dog looks the worse the rep. It's a sad and very untrue fact. Besides we all know more people get bitten by the little dogs more than anything.
Attachments:
yeah i think it all about how u love and care for them i have a rot at home and alot of people are so worried that he is mean when the truth is he is the sweetest most friendliest dog around he is a little pushy with his body but he dont know better about that he dont know how much he weighs he is just a big baby over all
The only mean pit bull I ever seen were the ones whose owner made them that way! I have tw o full-blooded pit bulls and a half pit,hell I even have a great pyrenees wolf mix and what is my point? I have a small female chihuahua that is the meanest thing in my house, In fact she keeps the bigger dogs in line no one made her mean she just feels she has to work harder at her position because she is small,all my friends tiptoe around her when they come over because if she is on my lap she feels it is her place to protect me,which comes normal and without ever teaching her this. It isn't the size of the dog,or breed of dog but the heart of the dog that counts,and ya know whats funny...my little dog isn't the ruler over all,its my big old female cat,even my little dog cowers from the cat! When I lived in the country and the neighbors dogg would come in my yard,who ran it out? Sure not the dogs! lol Its funny to watch the pits go to the kitchen to eat,they act like they are on a stealth mission,looking to see where the cat is before they venture in. Would my dogs ever be mean enough to protect me if someone broke into my house? I think so...well...ofter the cat got done with the intruder that is,yes she is that mean! rofl
prince said:
yeah i think it all about how u love and care for them i have a rot at home and alot of people are so worried that he is mean when the truth is he is the sweetest most friendliest dog around he is a little pushy with his body but he dont know better about that he dont know how much he weighs he is just a big baby over all

I too know all to well about the weight of a pit. Mine like to jump up,put their arms around me and hug me then put their face to mine for a kiss!
i agree they are sweet Punish the OWNER not the DOG
I agree, its all the owners fault. But so many have been corrupted, that people just assume its in their nature.. weird.
I agree. Punish the deed, not the breed.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Please visit our
Memorial Page

Top Members 

Events

Hamsterific!

Hamsterific for Hamster Lovers!

Forum

Home grooming tips for dogs

Started by Mandy S PBP Admin in Pet Related. Last reply by Vsjforyou Jun 9, 2016. 22 Replies

From unwanted nervous ex-racing greyhound to confident winning showdog!

Started by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen in General. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Feb 6, 2016. 9 Replies

Keep the Ban on Fox Hunting

Started by Jason W in General. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Feb 6, 2016. 1 Reply

How much money would you spend to save your pet from cancer?

Started by Pet Friend in General. Last reply by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise May 25, 2015. 38 Replies

© 2024   Created by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics