PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise: Pet Community for All Pets

Pet Community: Dog Community - Cat Community - All Pets - MySpace for Pets

Hello everyones..I am just woundering what you love most about greyhounds. I personally love how fast they can run and how beutiful they look doing so.

Views: 57

Replies to This Discussion

I love everything about the greyhounds their temperament their demeanor,their grace speed and beauty. Being the second fastest landanimal on earth and with some six thousand years under their belt mostly as royal companions is another thing i love about them.Their inteligence and regal nature is another thing they have real caracter. My Tristan shows new sides of himself almost every day. Eventhough I know him well he can still surprise me with new sides of his caracter.I should mention that I have three retiered ex-racing greyhounds and one whippet. Two hands on rescues Tristan and Collin. Darcy was given to me at the end of his racing career and yes he came of the track a national racing champion,derby winner and winner of breeders cup and second best racing greyhound of the year 2007.He had sustained muscel damage  during a race and that ended his career.He was unwanted and in the way I was asked if I wanted him I said yes and have had him ever since.I sadly lost Connor on the fifth of June last year. I have got a new greyhound whom I have named Collin he is three years and absolutely wonderful he was also an unwanted greyhound whom I picked up on the fourth of July 2011.He is not a replacement for Connor but a young greyhound who needed a second chance of life and a loving home which he has with me.My whippet Mike will be ten years old on Saturday I have had him since he was six months old.These are  but a few things I love about greyhounds my own in particular.

Thanks. My wishes is that they ban racing and begin to treat the greyhounds as they should be treated namely as the royalty they are and they are ment to live well and have all their need met. They should not be confined in tiny cages stacked on top of each other on shelves in a warehouse like building kept for racing caged for more than twenty hours pr day fed on the cheapest worst food you can give a dog. It is not a life its storage and for what injury and too early death. This is what the lives of racing greyhounds is like.I can´t turn my back on their plight when one leaves for the Rainbow Bridge there are hundreds if not thousands more waiting for a chance of life in all the colours of the Rainbow all of them graceful gentle loyal and loving with more inteligence than most dogs. Let a greyhound race into your heart I did and I have no regrets whatsoever.

Lots of things has happend since I was on here quite a while ago. I sadly lost my whippet Mike on the 18 October last year.Once again  a sad loss. However on the 25 of November my new greyhound came home I have named him Chris as he came home just before Christmas.He is also a retiered ex-racing greyhound. He was born in Texas six years ago exported first to Ireland and then to Germany where he was starved and beaten from there he was exported to Denmark nursed back to health and raced 59 times so Chris has been through the ringer as it were. He is a sweet and very gentel greyhound who is now happy and healthy. His four canines have flat surfaces from gnawing the bars of his cage yes he was caged throughout his racing career he diden´t know what a real home was like when he came home in November but now he does and he loves sleeping with me in my bed and yes covered by warm blankets.He is happy and content loving the company of my three other greyhounds so once again my wee family is complete. I miss the ones I have lost but their legacy of love lives on and the love we shared is now shared by my two new greyhounds Collin and Chris. Collin is a showdog and he is doing very well we have just been to our very first international show and he has been deemed of good clasical quality and he won his class. I am very proud of my lads They are loved no more cages no more bars to block their view love care and luxuary are theirs they have come home to stay. 

Collin

Chris aka Highend Vintage aka Five Star Show.

RSS

Please visit our
Memorial Page

Top Members 

Events

Hamsterific!

Hamsterific for Hamster Lovers!

Discussion Forum

Victory for Greyhounds

Started by Kathi. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen May 15, 2013. 6 Replies

What do you love about greyhounds

Started by Mandy S PBP Admin. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen May 13, 2013. 6 Replies

Greyhounds galore!

Started by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Aug 29, 2010. 0 Replies

© 2024   Created by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics