PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise: Pet Community for All Pets

Pet Community: Dog Community - Cat Community - All Pets - MySpace for Pets

Hello everybody! I own a Bearded Dragon lizard and nobody I know owns 1! I love him very much, though some people, such as my Auntie, hate 2 even look at him! He eats locusts and crickets (live) and fruit and veg! He sheds his skin, in different stages, unlike a snake, about 1ce every 2 weeks, while in winter I noticed he didn't shed at all! I got him 4 Christmas! He is called a Bearded Dragon because when he is agatated or sees a girl he likes, he puts out a beard of skin which is hard, with his mouth wide open and after a few seconds he starts hissing and the "beard" turns black. It has happened 2 me when I 1st got him and I was terrified! He is easy to look after and is a popular pet 4 kids of my age. Right now, he's about 2 years old. His name is Basil by the way!Here he is, Basil, my 2 year old Bearded Dragon! He's eating his dinner of crickets! As u can c, he has a very pink tongue. It's vey moist and likes to taste EVERYTHING! He even tried tasting my hair once! He loves being rubbed under his chin and likes lying flat out on my chest because he likes the breathing sensation and the beat of my heart! He is quite young in this pic, roughly about 13 months in my care here!

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

Minzi, excellent idea for a Group. I have featured it in our "Featured Groups". Since you are the Creator and Moderator, if you keep the Group this mature and well written - - with good content, I will keep it on our Featured Groups List.
In my humble opinion - - Great job!
Bragger
I like Bearded Dragons! I had a friend with one once who named him Draco. It turned out Draco was a female! I currently have a high yellow Leopard Gecko native to desert areas such as Pakistan and Afghanistan. Her name is Eyes because her eyes are larger than other lidded geckos I've seen, and I've had her for 10 years. They can live to be 20 years or older! They are popular now because they are so easy to take care of, but when I got her they weren't. I also have a Black Volitan Lionfish, along with a Yellow Striped Maroon Clownfish and a Black and White Damsel. I am hoping to add a Short Bigeye and a Green Bird Wrasse to the salt water tank soon. I have 3 Southern Toads and I gave my mum an Albino African Hedgehog. In the past I have had many other toads including a Woodhouse Toad along with Northern Leopard Frogs, Southern Leopard Frogs, Bullfrogs and Albino African Clawed Frogs. I used to have a precious Blue Diamond Iguana (Green Iguana mixed with Fiji Iguana to enhance the turquoise color) named Hope, a Fence Lizard named Lizzy, a Grey Tree Squirrel named Chipper, several other salt water fish (Regal Blue Tang, French Angelfish, Royal Grama Basselet, Six Line Wrasse, etc...) and even some insects such as Patent Leather Beetles and an Eastern Eyed Click Beetle (that one was a lot of fun!). I've wanted a Pibald Ball Python since I was 7 or 8 years old and I also want some captive raised Blue Poison Dart Frogs since they aren't poisonous when captively raised on a controlled diet. I will have those some day when I acquire the money to get them. I just love animals and unusual things, so this group is GREAT! Thanks for sharing about Basil!

Bearded dragons are great! They are the best beginner lizard ^^

RSS

Please visit our
Memorial Page

Top Members 

Events

Hamsterific!

Hamsterific for Hamster Lovers!

Discussion Forum

My lizard!

Started by Lumpy!!. Last reply by Splashstorm Sep 2, 2012. 3 Replies

Which exotic pets do you want?