PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise: Pet Community for All Pets

Pet Community: Dog Community - Cat Community - All Pets - MySpace for Pets

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF WOOD PECKERS? MY FRIEND HAS ONE ON HER ROOF EVERY NIGHT. SHE SAYS IT SOUNDS LIKE A MACHINE GUN. LOL AND ARE WOODPECKERS A PROTECTIVE SPECIES.

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Don,try a Wood Pecker dummy, here one can buy them in animal trade.

Lg,Jo.

HI JO. DO THEY WORK PRETTY GOOD
I LIKED THAT. IT IS FUNNY JOE. LOL MY FRIEND HAD A MECHANICAL OWL THAT SCREECHED ALL NIGHT LONG. IT DIDN'T WORK AND THE NEIGHBORS ALL COMPLAINED. LOL IT DID SCARE THE LOCAL DELIVERY MAN THOUGH. LOL
I have never heard of nocturnal woodpeckers. We have them in our backyard but they are never on the roof. I guess that is the plus side of having trees all over the neighborhood and leaving some of the dead branches in the trees. They live in and look for food in dead wood. So if you have some dead branches in your trees or dead trees somewhere close by, that helps keep them off of your roof. Sorry I cannot help any better than that, but we enjoy seeing and hearing the woodpeckers in our yard. We have a number of different types of birds in our yard and they are all welcome, even the starlings that nest behind our chimney. Some of the 180 types of woodpeckers are on a couple of endangered lists. The Imperial, Ivory-Billed, Kaempfer's, Okinawa woodpeckers are listed as critically endangered. The Fernandina's, Arabian, Sulu, Helmeted, and Red-cockaded are listed as vulnerable.

Threats to woodpeckers include loss of habitat, human encroachment, and pesticides.

Climate change may also pose a direct threat to woodpeckers and their habitats

ty christina.
CORRECTION : WHEN I SAID ALL NIGHT LONG, I MEANT ALL MORNING LONG. I STAND CORRECTED
Hello Don Woodpeckers are teritorial what you can do to rid yourself of this "pest" is remove the worms from the roof because that is what they are after and by pecking on the roof tiles they lure the insects out and then feast on them.So get rid of the bug problem and the woodpeckers will leave for a better feeding spot.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Please visit our
Memorial Page

Top Members 

Events

Hamsterific!

Hamsterific for Hamster Lovers!

Forum

Home grooming tips for dogs

Started by Mandy S PBP Admin in Pet Related. Last reply by Vsjforyou Jun 9, 2016. 22 Replies

From unwanted nervous ex-racing greyhound to confident winning showdog!

Started by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen in General. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Feb 6, 2016. 9 Replies

Keep the Ban on Fox Hunting

Started by Jason W in General. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Feb 6, 2016. 1 Reply

How much money would you spend to save your pet from cancer?

Started by Pet Friend in General. Last reply by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise May 25, 2015. 38 Replies

© 2024   Created by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics