PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise: Pet Community for All Pets

Pet Community: Dog Community - Cat Community - All Pets - MySpace for Pets

Are dogs noses supposed to be wet? Because some times my dogs nose is and sometimes it isn't!

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Many people throughout history have believed that if a dog’s nose is dry, then the pet is sick. They thought that the main sign of a healthy dog is a good wet, sloppy nose. When in fact, all a wet nose means is that the air is plenty humid. Just like anything else, when it’s humid outside, your dog’s nose gets wet. If the weather is overly dry, so will be your dog’s nose. So, with that said, your doggie having a wet nose sometimes and sometimes not, sounds perfectly normal.
Hope this helps!
Thankies Cuddles says hi! : 3

I heard that a wet nose means the pet is alert, awake, active. A dry nose means relaxed, sleeping, comfortable.  The nose depends on the pets mood, or activity.

It shouldn't have a wet nose all times.My doxie,Ginger,used to have a really dry nose in summer.I discovered this is from the lack of water.

But it depends on the dog.Like Jazz said,you should not worry if your puppy's nose isn't wet every single time you check it.

Make sure it has water every time though.

Hope this helps:)

Ttylah and Pets:)

I know that the nose should be wet. When it is dry, there are signs of some illness, and a vet should be seen!
I agree with Marina, zenas nose is dry all the time and that started with her diabetes, so the vet told me to use polysporin on it every 2nd day or so. Also we are super dry here and lelo has a wet nose, and zenas nose was wet most of her life. so check it out as a dry nose can be painful for them!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Please visit our
Memorial Page

Top Members 

Events

Hamsterific!

Hamsterific for Hamster Lovers!

Forum

Home grooming tips for dogs

Started by Mandy S PBP Admin in Pet Related. Last reply by Vsjforyou Jun 9, 2016. 22 Replies

From unwanted nervous ex-racing greyhound to confident winning showdog!

Started by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen in General. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Feb 6, 2016. 9 Replies

Keep the Ban on Fox Hunting

Started by Jason W in General. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Feb 6, 2016. 1 Reply

How much money would you spend to save your pet from cancer?

Started by Pet Friend in General. Last reply by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise May 25, 2015. 38 Replies

© 2024   Created by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics