PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise: Pet Community for All Pets

Pet Community: Dog Community - Cat Community - All Pets - MySpace for Pets

My dog Ella Jane is so stubborn and loves to spit her pills right back out. I've recently discovered Greenies Pill Pockets and I love them! I've always had a lot of difficulty giving her medicine and I usually have to get creative and hide them in hot dogs, cheese or some other form of people foods. With these pill pockets all I have to do is slip the medicine into the pocket and pinch it closed. Ella Jane loves them and they're a lot healthier than giving her people food. This is just a cool invention and I wish I had thought of them. Has anyone else tried them?

Views: 35

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, I have not tried the pockets, But, the Greenies make Jazzi ill. And I've heard some negative things about the Greenies. I apologize, I can't remember exactly what I heard. I know my Vet still uses the Greenies. And she is an awesome vet. But, I agree. Always better to find something they like, that is formulated for dogs.
I have tried the Pill Pockets and I've had similar success. Whenever I used to give my dog hotdogs or cheese to hide her medicine, she used to get an upset stomache. I asked my vet about it and he said that owners really shouldnt be giving their dogs non-dog food because its so high in calories and fat. So he suggested Greenies. I admit, I have had my doubts about Greenies treats, but my vet assured me that they've completely reformulated their treats so they are much better now. I would definitley give the Pill Pockets a try! I havent had any problems yet!
My dog is hooked on Greenies. I think getting a Greenie is one of his favorite times of the day... Usually we have to put a pill down the back of his throat and coax him to swallow... but I think I know what to get now lol! He hasn't needed a pill in years though and the only ones we ever gave him was Deter to make him stop eating his poo when he was a puppy.
I'm glad to see so many greenies fans out there!
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. Ella loves these and they really do help. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Please visit our
Memorial Page

Top Members 

Events

Hamsterific!

Hamsterific for Hamster Lovers!

Forum

Home grooming tips for dogs

Started by Mandy S PBP Admin in Pet Related. Last reply by Vsjforyou Jun 9, 2016. 22 Replies

From unwanted nervous ex-racing greyhound to confident winning showdog!

Started by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen in General. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Feb 6, 2016. 9 Replies

Keep the Ban on Fox Hunting

Started by Jason W in General. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Feb 6, 2016. 1 Reply

How much money would you spend to save your pet from cancer?

Started by Pet Friend in General. Last reply by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise May 25, 2015. 38 Replies

© 2024   Created by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics