PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise: Pet Community for All Pets

Pet Community: Dog Community - Cat Community - All Pets - MySpace for Pets

Prayers

Views: 490

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heavenly Father, we place Jazzi and Bragger under your hedge of protection tonight as Jazzi recovers in the animal hospital. We pray that you touch the vets with your wisdom and give them the knowlege to bring our precious Jazzi back to perfect health. We pray that you be with Bragger and bring Bragger comfort through your loving touch. In jesus' Holy name we pray...Amen.
I keep reading this over and over again. Thank you.

Please God, take care of Jazzi and give her the strength to fight for her health. And, please give Bragger the strength and comfort needed to get through this! Amen
Oh my gosh. It's actually Jazzi. You all are so awesome.
I truly love you all for being such wonderful, caring friends.
I hope all sick and unhealthy pets will get better.
Hi Friends,
JAZZI UPDATE

FINALLY, I got to speak with the Vet. This is the ER Vet that I trust so much. She is brilliant. She helped with my Tillie, a lot.

Basically, of course we don't know for sure - - yet. But it appears from the last 2 XRays that Jazzi has swallowed something, and it is moving now. The hope of course is, she pass it on her own. It's not distinctive enough in XRays to know what it is. Has this caused this near death situation, most likely. She is still somewhat critical, but better.

The Vet wants to take an extra precautionary step, and give her "bipps"?? to watch as they pass through, to rule out any other possible obstruction. The concern is WHY is Jazzi so very sick? Meaning, why hasn't she rebounded a bit more this morning? She has rebounded some, but still really lethargic and very sick. Hopefully by the time this object passes in her stool, she will be 100% better. But, the Vet was thinking out loud, as we spoke. Saying that although Jazzi is young and strong, she has been through a lot and not over this yet.

She told me to call tonight at 8:30pm and ask for her. And she was VERY upset that I was told, "There is a good chance Jazzi will come through this." She said yes, it is very serious. Yes, this could have been fatal. And, yes they still have to watch this very closely. But, she NEVER gave any indication to anyone there, that Jazzi was on her last leg. She was terribly upset that this had been said to me.

That is pretty much the scoop. Jazzi is still on fluids, watching her carefully, will administer these bipps (glow in the dark tiny objects) to watch as they pass through her little system. They are hoping whatever she has swallowed will pass today. It has moved, and is close.

Thank you so much for all your concerns and prayers. I will give another update tonight.

Thank you sweet friends! Happy Easter.
Love,
Bragger
Thank you, God! I will not stop praying, though until she is 100% through this!

Hugs!
Gina
Update:
Ask me if I am crazy, and the answer is yes. I just got off the phone with the Vet. Jazzi definitely has a blockage, some foreign object that is causing her to be so sick. They are operating on her tonight. I just can't believe this is happening. I asked about ultrasound, and they are afraid it would be too risky if we wait. Because she is not getting better. The test bipps (small objects they ingest that glow under XRAY) they gave her are just sitting in her tummy (not moving). I don't even know what else to say, except thank you all for your continuing prayers.
Awwwww.....B........I know you must be frantic! We are all still praying for you and Jazzi. Poor baby..I dont know who I feel sorrier for you or Jazz. Will they let you visit her before surgery?
Jazzi just got out of surgery. According to the Vet, she came through it fine. However, here is the puzzle and disturbing part. All they found in her tummy was a hair ball, and some grass. So, why has Jazzi been so sick? This Vet feels that the grass and hair were not large enough to prevent the bipps (small ultraviolet bb type objects) from moving through her system. The bipps were given to Jazz, just for the reason of ruling out an obstruction (that wouldn’t show on Xrays and possibly not even on ultrasound). In other words, the bipps are one of the best methods of ruling out an obstruction. If they pass on through, all is well. If they don’t, there is most likely an obstruction. They did not pass or move at all in Jazzi’s abdomen. So, the bipps not moving was the reason for this surgery. And also because Jazz has not gotten better over the weekend. That has been a real mystery to these Vets.

They felt for sure they would find foreign object, remove it, and Jazzi would get better quick. So, the big question is: why was her stomach not contracting? Which is what has to happen for these bipps to move and pass on through her system, along with any food ingested. The Vet feels that by opening her tummy, and massaging everything, this has caused the stomach to start contracting normally again. IDK, I hate that Jazzi has gone through a surgery and still no real answer. I am still concerned about little Jazz. Now, she has to recover from this surgery, which will take a week to 2 weeks. And I don’t even know for sure if everything is going to be okay.

I asked the Vet right before we hung up, “What would you feel at this point, if Jazzi were your dog?” She said she would have done the surgery on her dog, felt like it was a blessing that she found that the stomach was not contracting normally, until she massaged the area. And that if Jazz was her dog, she would know that Jazzi will recover 100% and be fine. Sooooo, those last words, I have to hang on to and believe. But my God, if I put my little baby through a surgery for nothing, that would break my heart. Again though, the Vet said the tummy was not contracting at all, until she started massaging it. And of course, the stomach must contract, for life to continue. IDK??? What a weekend, poor little Jazzi girl. I have to go get her in the early AM and take her to our regular Vet. She will stay there for about 3 days for recovery and observation. I just hope and pray that she gets better each day.
Healing Prayer

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Please visit our
Memorial Page

Top Members 

Events

Hamsterific!

Hamsterific for Hamster Lovers!

Forum

Home grooming tips for dogs

Started by Mandy S PBP Admin in Pet Related. Last reply by Vsjforyou Jun 9, 2016. 22 Replies

From unwanted nervous ex-racing greyhound to confident winning showdog!

Started by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen in General. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Feb 6, 2016. 9 Replies

Keep the Ban on Fox Hunting

Started by Jason W in General. Last reply by Lisbeth Mønsted Larsen Feb 6, 2016. 1 Reply

How much money would you spend to save your pet from cancer?

Started by Pet Friend in General. Last reply by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise May 25, 2015. 38 Replies

© 2024   Created by PetBrags Pet Lovers Paradise.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics